| 30.06,20. 03:06 PM |
Victorian coronavirus cases increase by 64 including 13 linked to known outbreaks
Premier Daniel Andrews is expected to break down the latest figures later this afternoon.(ABC News: Patrick Rocca)
Victoria has recorded another 64 cases of coronavirus overnight, the 14th consecutive day of double-digit case growth in the state.
Government and health officials are yet to hold their daily press conference breaking down the new cases.
Premier Daniel Andrews is expected to speak later this afternoon with talks continuing about how to deal with the state's surge in cases, including the prospect of local lockdowns for hotspot suburbs.
No decisions or announcements have been made yet.
In a statement, Victorian health authorities said the new cases could be broken down into the following categories:
13 new cases linked to known outbreaks
20 cases identified through routine testing (people presenting to testing sites set up by health authorities)
31 cases under investigation (cases which came in late in the reporting day and are yet to be investigated and allocated to another category)
No new cases have been detected in returned travellers in hotel quarantine.
Health authorities have also added another 10 of the state's previously recorded cases to the list of those where the source of transmission is unknown, taking that total to 281.
Of the new cases linked to outbreaks, six are linked to the Stamford Plaza outbreak, taking the total to 29. All cases were close contacts tested while in quarantine.
Two new cases are linked to Albanvale Primary School, taking the total in that cluster to seven.
One case is linked to the at the Coles Chilled Distribution Centre in Laverton, taking the total to five.
Two staff at the StarTrack facility in Tullamarine have tested positive to coronavirus and both people worked while infectious. The site is being cleaned and contact tracing is underway.
Authorities have also revealed a new cluster of cases linked to the Hugo Boss retail store in Collins Street in the CBD.
The cases include a Hugo Boss staff member and a household contact, taking the total to three. The store has closed for a deep clean and contact tracing is under way.
Other cases include a second healthcare worker from Orygen Youth Health facility in Footscray who was a close contact of the original case and has been in quarantine.
Two additional staff at Al-Taqwa College in Truganina have tested positive, as have two staff members at Camberwell Grammar School.
One student from St Bernard's College in Essendon who attended school while infectious has also tested positive, as well as two students from Moreland Primary School in Coburg.
Positive cases have been identified at five childcare centres:
Guardian Childcare and Education in Pascoe Vale
The Grove Children's Centre in Coburg
Little Steps Family Day Care in Sunshine
Clare Court Children's Service in Yarraville
Kids on Queens Parade in Fitzroy North
Victorians must self-fund fortnight's isolation if entering Queensland
Western Australia's former chief health officer, Tarun Weeramanthri, is being seconded to Victoria's Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to give help with the coronavirus crisis.
Professor Weeramanthri will help with the "operational and strategic management" of the Victorian health response for at least a month.
He is also likely to fill in for Victoria's Chief Health Officer and Deputy Health Officer to give them a break.
It comes as Queensland's Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announced any Victorians travelling to Queensland must enter hotel quarantine at their own expense for two weeks if they want to stay.
The strict new measures come into effect on Friday.
Queensland's border will open to other states from July 10.
"We just can't risk removing border restrictions for people coming from areas of Victoria right now," Ms Palaszczuk said.
People travelling from other states will need to fill in a border declaration upon entering Queensland, to ensure they have not travelled to Victoria in the past 14 days.