Two men missing in bushfires that ravaged New South Wales' south coast region have been found alive.
A man from Kiah, south of Eden and another man, in his 70s, from Lower Towamba, south of Eden, had been unaccounted for after a weekend of catastrophic conditions.
NSW Police this afternoon said the pair have been located, and there are no current reports of missing people in bushfire-affected areas in the state.
A total of 20 people have died in NSW during this bushfire season.
Meanwhile, just one road is separating two fires burning either side of the NSW and Victoria border.
They're expected to merge later this week despite relief from severe weather conditions.
Authorities are concerned fires burning out of control in both states could form a "mega fire" with its own weather system.
Trump calls Morrison to offer bushfire support
Tropical Cyclone Blake to lash WA coast as category one storm
Victoria bushfires: Mallacoota doctors in 'dark ages' conditions as patients await evacuations from ravaged town
Cooler temperatures and widespread rainfall has provided a window of opportunity for rescue crews to access isolated communities and firefighters to establish containment lines ahead of hotter temperatures later in the week.
NSW and ACT
Close to 1,600 homes have been lost across the state this bushfire season, the RFS has announced.
The latest impact assessment revealed 1,588 home have been destroyed, with 672 lost since January 1.
More than 10,000 homes have been saved on top of a further 942 facilities and 8,666 outbuildings.
The crisis has claimed 20 lives, with a 71-year-old man's death announced yesterday.
All fires have been downgraded to advice level however smoke haze is heavily impacting a number of communities including Canberra - which recorded the worst air quality of any major city in the world yesterday.
Recovery efforts are underway across the state as crews take advantage of cooler weather.
Authorities had planned to establish a 60km containment line in the Blue Mountains but rain may hinder the operation.
All emergency bushfire warnings in Victoria have been downgraded after rainfall provided some respite, but conditions are expected to deteriorate again on Friday.
There are still 15 watch and act warnings in Victoria and emergency supplies are being flown into the state's 18 cut-off communities.
There are around 300 people still waiting to be evacuated from the coastal town of Mallacoota where aircraft have been grounded by smoke.
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has warned the number of properties lost across the state from the bushfire crisis could be more than 300.
"In my judgement, given we've got so much damage, I think at least 200 homes we can confirm, and it will be more than 300 by the time we get in and make those assessments in every single fire affected community. Smoke is another real challenge to doing that work," Mr Andrews said.
Dairy farmers hit by the fires are calling for more support after thousands of hectares of paddock were blackened.
"We have lost most of this year's hay, so we have got no feed left in the paddock for the cows," a Victorian dairy farmer told Today.
Hot dry conditions will bring increased fire danger to South Australia today amid a hot summer.
In the Adelaide Hills for the next two days there is a very high fire danger while on Kangaroo Island there is a total fire ban in place for today.
South Australia's tourist hotspot Kangaroo Island is one of more than 100 fires still burning across the country.
Army Reserve soldiers have been deployed to assist on South Australia's Kangaroo Island as fire crews continue to battle flare-ups in changing conditions.
The fire on the island has burnt more than 155,000 hectares of land and has a perimeter of more than 300 kilometres.