One dead, another remains missing from South Coast after horror weekend of fires
Photo: Fires wiped out large parts of Batlow and killed one man on Saturday. (Facebook: James Zimmerman)
NSW Police have confirmed another person has died in the bushfires on the state's South Coast.
Police say the 71-year-old man was reported missing from Nerrigundah.
The man was last sighted on New Year's Eve and was moving equipment on his property.
Police confirmed he was one of two men Premier Gladys Berejiklian referred to as missing on the South Coast during a press conference this morning.
A second person remains missing from Bombala near the Victorian border.
Police said the man's body was discovered between a property and a car, which had both been destroyed by fire.
The Badja Forest Road Fire had been burning in the area preventing access by emergency services for a number of days.
A large-scale land search was conducted today and police made the grim discovery around 4.00pm.
It brings the total number of deaths from this bushfire season to 19.
Premier denies turning down help
Earlier, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian denied turning down Australian Defence Force (ADF) help with emergency evacuations.
At least 60 properties were destroyed at the weekend while a 47-year-old man was killed in the Dunns Road fire near Batlow.
Ms Berejiklian said NSW was in "uncharted territory".
A report at the weekend claimed the NSW Government had not taken up an offer of ADF help.
When that was put to Ms Berejiklian at a press conference on Monday morning she responded: "Not true, not true."
Meanwhile, Mr Fitzsimmons said: "The answer is simply no."
"There has been no offer of assistance that I'm aware of that we haven't accepted.
"If these rumours or these messages keep going around, I would simply ask [what] was the offer of assistance that we rejected? Because I'm certainly not aware of any."
Ms Berejiklian said her Government had "left no stone unturned" when it came to securing resources for firefighting efforts.
"Every single decision that our team in NSW has taken has been the right call, and we've accepted all appropriate offers that have been made and will continue to do so."