| 26.10,19. 12:13 PM |
Police arrest two men over disappearance of Bingara man Darren Royce Willis
Photo: Darren Royce Willis has been missing since 2010. (Supplied: NSW Police)
Two men have been arrested over the disappearance and suspected murder of a New South Wales man who has been missing for almost a decade.
Darren Royce Willis was last seen leaving the Imperial Hotel at Bingara, south-east of Moree, on December 10, 2010.
Police have always suspected foul play. They are examining whether human remains found earlier this month belong to Mr Willis.
Strike Force Barca was established two years ago to lead inquiries into the disappearance.
In June 2018, a reward of $350,000 was offered leading to an arrest and conviction.
Earlier this year police discovered a ute in Tenterfield believed to be linked to the case.
Superintendent Scott Tanner said a man was arrested on Friday morning at a property outside of Bingara, before a second man was arrested in the town.
He said officers were searching two other premises in the town which they hoped would reveal more evidence in the case.
For families and the community of Bingara, news of the arrests would come as a relief, he added.
"This impact and the disappearance of Mr Willis and the alleged murder has had a massive effect not only on his family but also to the community of Bingara.
"It's a town where a lot of people know everybody, they feel safe in town and incidents like this are quite rare."