A $100,000 reward for information about the 1998 handgun murder of a Sydney man

| 15.04,19. 01:18 PM |





A $100,000 reward for information about the 1998 handgun murder of a Sydney man, Paul Stanton Burt remains in place.


38-year old Paul Stanton Burt was killed in the driveway of his Castle Hill home shortly before 6am on February 24 1998. The self-employed Bobcat operator had been preparing to leave for work.


The Hills Local Area Commander said a number of leads had been followed since the 1998 killing.


Police know that several gunshots were fired at close range by an unidentified man, armed with a handgun. It's believed he fled the scene in a beige XE Ford Falcon, or similar vehicle.


Despite extensive inquiries - no clear motive for the murder has been established.


The reward would be paid to any person providing information that led to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for Mr Burt's murder.


If anyone has information in relation to this unsolved murder please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, you can remain confidential and the information will be treated with the strictest confidence.


contact Crime Stoppers facebook


(Votes: 0)

Other News

تراجع شعبية حزب باولين هانسن والعمال في الصدارة Boys aged 7 and 9 die in quad bike accidents in rural WA and Tasmania Police close in on trio who abducted and raped Melbourne teenager 30 years ago Man killed in nightclub shooting was security guard Deadly baby sleeper still available online despite urgent Australian recall Bound, gagged and blindfolded: Plea to solve rape of Victorian schoolgirl Melbourne shooting outside Prahran nightclub Love Machine leaves four men in hospital Peter Dutton apologises to Labor Dickson rival Ali France for disability comment Man jailed for 44 years for murdering toddler who was repeatedly bitten and burned 'We've ended the asylum of this spoiled brat': Why Assange was evicted Four missing children found after man seen 'dragging' boy, 5, into car Hunt for man pushing pram down the street after sex attack on 10-year-old girl Two children aged 12 and 13 missing after being 'taken from school' Housing slump fuels slowdown concerns Shorten pitches health, education, energy Government documents found on a Darwin street reveal a potential $1m cost blow-out Federal election 2019: Prime Minister Scott Morrison sets May 18 election date Yarraville crane falls and crushes two houses in Melbourne's west House prices set to fall another 10pc before 2020 rebound, Moody's Analytics says Shop owner shoots portrait seller, stores body in wheelie bin for 17 years Manhunt after 10-year-old girl sexually assaulted in public toilets Manhunt after 10-year-old girl sexually assaulted in public toilets Double murderer who dismembered victims 'kicked out of gay club' during 24 hours on the run Electric cars may lower power bills: study Chinese billionaire chasing passport paid Liberal lobbyist who boasted of direct line to Dutton Flu vaccine program brought forward as surge in cases surprises health authorities Police release image of man who allegedly kicked Will Connolly, the teen who egged Fraser Anning Man charged with threatening to kill NSW family on a picnic in suspected Islamophobic incident Qld pair on the run after woman stabbed Police investigate 'suspicious' Vic death