| 05.03,19. 01:28 PM |
Melbourne shootings: Four gunned down in separate incidents of 'intense interest' to police
New video shows a gunman opening fire on Stubbs Street, Kensington, just after 10pm on Friday. (Nine/Supplied)
Horrific new details have emerged about the fatal shooting of two men in Melbourne’s north overnight.
The men, both believed to be in their 30s, were found with gunshot wounds in Huntly and Morris Courts in Meadow Heights – around 500m apart – about 10.15pm yesterday.
Nine News has been told one of the victims was wheeled around in a shopping trolley, and asked neighbours to call Triple-Zero.
Paramedics tried to save the men, but both died at the scene.
The latest killings follows two other separate shootings, one in Kensington on Friday night and the other in Dandenong on Sunday.
Acting Assistant Commissioner Mick Frewen said: “It’s of intense interest to us from an investigative perspective,” he said at a press conference.
While he wasn’t able to provide specifics, he said the shootings were an absolute priority for police.
“But all three shootings share some degrees of commonality. The first is, all parties were known to each other.
“The second is, all of the circumstances that led to each of the respective shootings are raised from planned contact… that led to a fatal escalation of behaviour through violence by the use of a firearm.”
Investigations were at “critical stage” he said.
Last night video emerged of a gunman opening fire in the Kensington shooting on Stubbs Street just after 10pm on Friday.
Ben Togiai, a 33-year-old father, was gunned down and died on the footpath. Two others were also ambushed and wounded.
Mr Togiai had been enjoying a night out at a boxing match with work colleagues, when his family say he was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
“He had the biggest heart, and would give his shirt off his back to someone who needs it,” the victim’s aunt, Auli, told 9News.
“He had so many friends, so many people that love(d) him.”
Meanwhile, police continue to search for three suspects; Abdullah El Nasher, his brother Ali El Nasher as well as Mikhael Myko.
At least three properties linked to the men have been searched by detectives, but they have found no sign of the trio who may have fled interstate.
Investigations are also ongoing into the Dandenong shooting on Dawn Street.
A man aged in his 50s was found inside his crashed silver Peugeot with gunshot wounds about 9.55pm on Sunday.
He died at the scene.
Meanwhile, in a fourth shooting incident, a New South Wales man shot in the face in Melbourne a week ago remains on life support and his prognosis is unclear.
Sid Morgan, a real estate agent and former police detective, was shot in the face outside a Point Cook home on February 21.
Point Cook men Mark Dixon, 30, and Jack Harvey, 26, faced Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday afternoon each charged with attempted murder.
A prosecutor told the court police wanted 10 weeks to put together their brief of evidence against the men, rather than the usual six weeks.
The victim's prognosis remains unclear and as a result the final charges the pair may face are yet to be determined.
Mr Morgan remained in an induced coma and on life support.
Anyone with information is urged to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800333000