| 24.06,09. 10:33 PM |
Maccas restaurant fined after flies found in kitchen
June 25, 2009 12:00am
THERE'S the Big Mac, the McFeast - now a western Sydney McDonald's is accused of serving a McFly.
Penrith Council fined the Glenmore Park franchise $660 after flies were found in the kitchen.
The Maccas is among a host of businesses to join the NSW Food Authority's shame website.
KFC cops it for poor hygiene
A customer who was served a fly in their burger in March complained to management before taking it to the council.
Fast food outlets infested with mould
The global giant was not alone in its insect problem.
AMF Bowling in Randwick was fined $660 after cockroaches were found in the kitchen.
The Saigon Bakery in Queanbeyan was fined $330 after ants were found in honey.
Remember the Poogee Bay ice cream scandal?
Domino's Pizza in Baulkham Hills was fined $660 for not keeping cooking surfaces "in a clean and sanitary condition".
"Pizza pans and lids were observed as unclean and unsanitary," the penalty notice said.