Keyword: From Date: To Date:

NSW schoolie electrocuted in Bali

| 26.11,11. 04:40 PM |

 


NSW schoolie electrocuted in Bali

 November 26, 2011

A NSW schoolie has died after being electrocuted while walking down a street in Bali's party district Kuta today.
The 18-year-old male, whose name has been withheld, is believed to have been walking with friends down Legian St about 2am when he touched an electricity box on a wall.

A Department of Foreign Affairs spokesman confirmed the boy had died of accidental electrocution and that his family had been notified.

"Consular officers in Australia are providing assistance to the family of a teenager from New South Wales who died in Bali on 26 November as a result of accidental electrocution,” he said.

"Staff from the Australian Consulate in Bali are providing consular assistance to the friends of the teenager."

There was reportedly roadwork on the street, forcing pedestrians closer to the wall.

Telegraph



(Votes: 0)